Meet your facilitator
Information and Communication Technology (ICT) use is increasing all over the world. ICTs make our lives easier and can be used as tools to teach, learn, communicate and to store and retrieve information. ICTs greatly increase the possibilities of what can be taught and how it can be taught. Because of this, it is important to understand how to use ICT to your advantage in the classroom.
In this unit you will learn about the different types of ICTs such as smartphones, laptops and desktop computers and how best to make use of them in your teaching.
By the end of this lesson, you will be able to:
Your final activity for this unit is to think about ways of integrating the use of the ICT devices in your teaching.
- In the forum, discuss the following:
- Think about two or three ways in which you can get your learners to use smartphones in one of your lessons;
- What positive attributes can smartphones bring to a lesson?
- What are some of the challenges you anticipate with using this device in your classroom?
- How measures would you suggest to overcome these challenges?
Share your feedback
You are one of the first groups of participants to work through this course. We would really appreciate your feedback! Please take 5 minutes to complete this survey so that we can make improvements.
Click on the link below to access the survey:
Attribution and References