- Unit 36: Different Forms of Assessment (Formative vs Summative)
- Meet your facilitator
Meet your facilitator
- Unit Introduction
Assessment is an essential process that provides information about what learners know and can do. In this unit you will learn about suitable summative and formative assessment strategies.
By the end of this lesson, you will be able to:
- Assessment instructions
Let’s find out how much you remember about the differences between formative and summative assessment. Click on the link below to complete a quick quiz.
- Attribution and References
Attribution and References
Attribution (Open Educational Resources)
- Eberly Center for Teaching Excellence & Educational Innovation. (2015). What is the difference between formative and summative assessment? Teaching Excellence & Educational Innovation. CC BY NC. Available at: https://www.cmu.edu/teaching/assessment/basics/formative-summative.html
- State Government of Victoria, Australia. (2017). Assessment Tools. Victoria State Government Education and Training. CC BY. Available at: http://www.education.vic.gov.au/school/teachers/support/Pages/tools.aspx
- Hexis Plus Training. (2015). Formative and Summative assessment. CC BY. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRZc5cOOMBs
of Basic Education. (2017). CAPS for Intermediate Phase. CC BY NC. Available online at http://www.education.gov.za/Curriculum/CurriculumAssessmentPolicyStatements(CAPS)/CAPSFET.aspx